The Excitement of Life

The most exciting part of life is that it goes on. That you have to enjoy while you are still fighting with the daily routine. That it is possible to be alive and happy in the world where everything may seem to be wrong. This is the beauty of it all.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Forgive and Forget

Shiv ji is reverred for his immense power and a very strong ability to forgive (and forget about the wrong-doing of ) the devotee...

If you read my other blog - esp. the article on Prayers - you will realize that when we pray to a diety, then the image that we capture in our mind is actually the qualities that we want to imbibe in ourselves.

For example, when I am praying to Shiv ji, I can also carry the image of an angry Shiv ji - the destroyer - and then I will imbibe the qualities of a rebel and would want to change the things in the society - hopefully in an attempt to correct the wrong.

So, when I used to pray to Shiv ji in his "bhole nath" image, I used to ask for ability to forgive and forget. God ji is generous. He gave me both. It is easier for me to forgive another person now. What I realized recently was that I have taken to the habit of Forgetting too... This not only for the wrong-doing of the other person, but also for important things.

The result - I can't presently locate my passport. So, I better the image of Shiv ji to the one who truly "forgives"... This aspect will ensure that I forget (because I forgive) the needed stuff. That forgetfulness doesn't affect the important things in life.

While I am not sure if I will be able to locate my passport now, and have already informed the authorities about it, I sure hope that this forgetfulness (rather carelessness) subsides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home