The Excitement of Life

The most exciting part of life is that it goes on. That you have to enjoy while you are still fighting with the daily routine. That it is possible to be alive and happy in the world where everything may seem to be wrong. This is the beauty of it all.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

One Good Deed a day...

I had read this quote some time back... don't even remember where... but yes, it meant something like 'set a target of doing one good deed for someone - everyday, and you will be a happy man'...

I was always onto it... I assumed that my working with AID was good enough as a good deed... Yes it definitely is... No doubts about that... I am definitely a very satisfied person... happy with life, happy with what God has showered on me...

Today when we were coming back from Lippika's place - after a largely unattended VIM - we saw a child with a bucket full of water. It was too heavy for him... He couldn't even walk two steps on lifting the bucket... Every time he would put the bucket down, he would also spill some water. Many people were looking at him. It must have been a regular scene.

I felt bad. I asked him where he needed to take the bucket. He pointed towards a nearby thela... A few men passed us when I was talking to the child. They smirked. When I picked up the bucket, they were shocked. But when I put the bucket near the thela and came back to the boy - the smile on his face did many times more good than the little ogles I was getting from all others...

It is such small acts that instill faith in other people to live on. It takes such simple acts to transmit a smile. And the child's smile remains with me. I smile thinking about it. It takes just a few seconds to be able to smile :-)... Keep smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home